The Supporting Document Library allows you to manage and make documents available to engineers through their Motivity Liftdata app.
This is ideal for documents such as RAMS, Info sheets etc.
If this feature is switched on at your site, a new DOC tab appears in the Motivity app.
This can be seen on the Lift Info page on every lift (whether on site or prior to starting)
From Liftdata office, you can filter what documents an engineer sees on the DOC tab for each lift:-
- General - visible for every lift (i.e. company wide info)
- Site - ones visible specifically to any lift at that site
- Lift Specific - only visible for that lift
- BC Specific - only visible for a specific breakdown
- RC Specific - only visible for a specific repair
We recommend using common file types such as PDF that will be readable on different devices.
You can use Word, Excel and other documents but it may require an additional reader app installing on each device from Google Play Store
** Please try to minimise document size as they will initially need to be transmitted to the devices over the mobile network (or wi-fi) which could take some time - and use data allowance **
To make documents available to the Motivity app, you place documents in the Liftdata Filing folders (which we will need to advise you about). Typically this will be the 'Y' drive on your computer - we will refer to it as Y in the rest of this article.
The Y drive is primarily used for office based material about sites, lifts etc.
Motivity has been designed NOT to send all these existing documents to the PDAs.
To make any document appear on the Motivity app it must begin with
To control what documents are visible when, just follow the guidelines below:-
(This assumes the first part of each filename begins with PDA- )
- General - put the documents in the General folder on the Y drive.
- Site - make sure your filename begins with the SC number followed by -ALL (e.g. PDA-SC12345-ALL-My Document Name.PDF) It is best to put these in the relevant SC folder on the Y drive.
- Lift Only - make sure your filename begins with the SC number (e.g. PDA-SC12344-My Document Name.PDF). It is best to put these in the relevant SC folder on the Y drive.
- BC / Breakdown specific - make sure your filename begins with the BC number (e.g. PDA-BC98102-My Document Name.PDF). It is best to put these in the relevant BC folder on the Y drive.
- RC / Repair specific - make sure your filename begins with the RC number (e.g. PDA-RC92803-My Document Name.PDF). It is best to put these in the relevant RQ folder on the Y drive.
To make documents mandatory (engineers need to confirm they have read before they can start work)
Add -M to the end of the filename (before the filetype)
E.G. PDA-SC19283-ALL-Important for all lifts at this site-M.PDF
The Motivity Connector (at the office) will check for new files or updated files periodically (the time it checks will depend on your site - but can be altered by us)
New and updated documents are automatically sent out to every device.
** As stated above - be very careful not to put very large documents
To remove a document from a device - just delete if from the Y drive