The following steps explain how to swap / give an existing Motivity subscription to a new engineer.
This is typically where one engineer leaves and you want to reuse their licence with a replacement employee.
1) These steps are for Liftdata only.
- Find the old engineer in Liftdata Personnel and make a note of the 5 digit number in the I.D. Code box
- Now delete the 5 digit number so the I.D. Code box is empty
- Set up your new employee record in Liftdata (including allocating a Service route if required)
- Type the 5 digit number you made a note of earlier into I.D. Code box
- From Liftdata Main Menu, press the Task Manager button then the Send PDA Current CSV Data button.
- This final stage will prompt the PDA to update itself with the new engineers name and route.
** It can take a couple of minutes for the routes to be updated on each handheld **
2a) If you are giving the engineer the pre-used handheld (e.g. that the old engineer used) we advise you UNINSTALL/REMOVE the existing Motivity Lift Engineer app and then reinstall.
2b) If you are giving the engineer a new handheld you will need to install the Motivity for Lift Engineers app from the Google play store.
When you first start the app it will need a specific activation code for this engineer - please contact us if you don't already have this.